Tuesday, June 16, 2009

This is not the way this pregnancy is suppossed to be going!

I have had terrible pressure and pain now for 48 hours. The doctor sent me to Labor and Delivery Monday night at 11:30 P.M. I was not in labor, but they wanted to check me to be sure and to check the baby. Baby is o.k. by heart rate and fetal monitor. They ended up giving me Depitrol by IV and sent me home. I got very sick off the medicine and threw up for about 2 hours and it never even took the pain away. My doctor saw me in the office today and confirmed that I am in pain because the baby had shifted positions on Sunday (when all this started) and that the baby's position and weight are causing this pressure and pain. She does not expect it to go away or get any better. She said that since I am carrying the baby all out in front, there is no support to hold baby up, so she prescribed a belly wrap thing that will help with support while I am on my feet. She said it is because I am so small, and with this being my third baby, the muscles are not doing their job. Plus, I was diagnosed with diastasis recti in the beginning of this pregnancy (where my muscles had torn after I had Diesel because my belly had stretched so far.) That condition is contributing to my problem.
I am not able to eat anything!!!! I have not eaten in 2 full days because as soon as I eat, it creates tremendous pressure. Doc said I now have to eat every two hours, tiny amounts at a time. I have lost 3 pounds, which is not good because I had only gained 12! I am unable to walk correctly. I am either bent over in pain or waddling so bad I can not get anywhere. The pressure makes me walk so slow, move slow, and it even hurts when I sit. I am basically on bed rest for the next two months. Doc said no working at all, bed rest as much as I need to, and she prescibed me Vikaden.
This is not what I expected for this last pregnancy! But, these last few months have not gone like Shawn or I expected, so I am just going to take it day by day. Thank God I have Shawn to take care of me. He is so wonderful at it :)

1 comment:

Riahli said...

Ugggg! I'm so sorry! I am having a way harder time with my third pregnancy also, which just helps reinforce for me that this will indead be The Last One!

I won't say I hope you feel better, but here's to survival until the due date... I feel for ya lady!

...and wow you've only gained 12 lbs, do you have small babies? I won't even tell you how much I have gained. I always gain a lot though, I have big- as in almost 11 lbs for my first one- babies. My second was 10.3 so if this one is even close to 9 lbs I will be pleased. :)