Thursday, November 20, 2008

IUEast it is!

I have had a very tough time trying to decide which college I will be attending for the next 7 years. Well, Shawn and I went to Wright State Lake Campus open house night and I was FINALLY able to make my decision! Wright State seemed to be more for straight-out-of-high-school-kids. For example, I was asked 4 times if I was a senior, and when I asked about the teacher program and taking time off if we have baby #3, and she rudely said, "Well, you will just have to take the whole year off!" So, Shawn and I discussed it, and we felt that they were supossed to be trying to get me, but it felt as though they were pushing me away. And ya know, I was sort of glad. It finally helped me make a decision! IUEast is where I was originally going to go anyways and it is the closest to home, and that is what is most important to me.
I have to say, I couldn't have gotten through this without Shawn's help! He knew that I was struggling, so one day he just sat down with me and we talked it over, talked pros and cons of both, and reviewed the programs each school offered. It still took a couple of weeks, but we figured it out together. He is a life saver to me. Just having his support and involvement makes school a possiblity for me! Without it, I do not think I would have gotten this far....gotta love my hubby!

No comments: