Sunday, October 5, 2008

5 Year Anniversary


So, Hubby and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary on Saturday. It was awsome. It started weeks ago when I started the planning (I am such a planner!). I was so worried that I would not come up with anything creative to do or give. Well, I ended up finding plenty, and being his wonderful self, hubby had some ideas, too. The week before, he asked me what I had planned for our 'big day' (which happened to fall on a Sat.!). I didn't want to tell him because it was kinda suppossed to be a surprise, but he said he had some things planned, too, so we didn't want to interfere with each others' plans. So, I told him, and it was so cute cause he had planned the same things! Plus, he was actually excited about what we planned! Here's how our day went:

We woke up and took the children to their Grandpa's. They absolutely love it there (huge house, plenty of room to run, and they hardly ever get to go, so they were excited). That was part of what we both had planned. He said he wanted them to go there because we both knew that we would not worry about them while we were gone (great minds think alike!) Then we went and got breakfast, ate it in the park, and went golfing. Oh, I guess I should tell you that the traditional anniversary gift for 5 year is wood, so that is what I planned all the activities around. First was the breakfast in the park in the woods, then the golf. We had a gorgeous day for it.....we had fun! Then we went and bought a tree and planted it in the backyard. After that, we came home and I got pretty while he got a nap, which are two activities we never do with kids in the house! I packed our bags and we went out of town, about 45 minutes away, and checked into our hotel. This had been his idea...he said I needed to get away from my house work and school work and just relax....he is so thoughtful :) So, we got a room with a jacusi tub right beside the bed......awsome. Then we went to lunch at Panera Bread (my favorite!), and then went to see Fireproof. Everyone must go see...with your hubby! I cried....and cried, which is pretty abnormal for me. I think it just had such special meaning and such geat 'advice' if that's what you wanna call it! He thought it was pretty good, too...it had him laughing a few times:) After the movie, we walked back to our room, then to Texas Roadhouse (so fancy, I know, but that is his favorite). It was just nice that we could walk...everything was right there. We went back to our room and he got a 5 minute massage, then we got in the hot tub. I had taken our wedding music, our unity candle, and bottle of wine from the wedding. We both loved it, had a great day. The only gift I got him was a bottle of cologne, but ya know, it was the meaning of the day and the 'wood' activities that we will remeber.

The greatest part of our day....we love each other this same way every day. Every single day is special with my hubby. I am very blessed to have such a wonderful man!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Honestly, I just found pics from your wedding of Madi. She was so little and cute! :) Miss you guys.